If you decide to professionally treat your home and lawn for fleas, there are several preparations and aftercare tips to get the best results. Any reliable pest control company, such as Ohio Pest Control, knows that flea treatment is a three-part process: indoor, outdoor, and pet.
- Notice areas where your pets spend their time – both indoors and outdoors.
- Treat your pets for fleas or arrange for your veterinarian to treat them for fleas. To guard against reinfestation, keep freshly treated pets out of infested areas until they are treated.
- It is important to vacuum carpets, floors, upholstered furniture, including cushions, draperies, rugs, and mattresses before treatment.
- Take special care to clean or vacuum wood and tile floors, as well, with extra attention paid to cracks, grooves, and baseboards. Dispose of the vacuum cleaner bag by placing the bag in a plastic bag and sealing the bag before disposing of in outdoor trash receptacle or by incineration, if safe to do so.
- Wash or dispose of all pet bedding.
- Outdoors, sweep all traffic surfaces, including porches, steps, and decks. Cut your lawn short in addition to eliminating tall vegetation areas and all debris.
- Make sure all food is either covered and placed in cabinets or the fridge.
- Cover food prep surfaces, appliances, and utensils. Remove indoor and outdoor pet bowls from the area to be treated.
- Remove all toys and decorative items from the floor and store them in other rooms or closets.
- Remember to cover fish tanks and relocate birds, hamsters, and other pets.
- Arrange for all people and pets to stay out of the home for at least four hours to allow treated areas to dry completely.
Keeping other unwanted pests from your property like mice, rats, and squirrels will keep fleas out of your home and away from your pets. Check all entryways to your home to check that rodents who carry fleas are not able to pass through. Even holes as small as 1/4 inch can let in unwanted pests and spread disease-carrying insects like fleas.
Not sure who to call for professional flea control treatments? In the Ohio region, contact the experienced team at Ohio Pest Control. With over 50 years of serving local homes and businesses, Ohio Pest is your go-to pest control company for all of your flea control needs.
Why Choose Us
Locally owned and operated for over 50 years, Ohio Pest Control, Inc. is a family-run pest control company serving Portsmouth and the surrounding areas. Using our experience and knowledge, we solve the residential and commercial pest control problems our customers face while providing the personalized service you want
1011 Lincoln Street
Portsmouth, OH 45662