Drywood termites have adapted to living without a water source. They rely solely on the moisture from the wood they eat. They are hard to spot because they burrow deep into the wood and live in the wood that they infest. Piles of saw-dust-looking material, called “frass” are a common sign of drywood termite infestation. These pellet piles are so dry-looking because the termites extract every drop of moisture from the wood they have eaten as it goes through their digestive tract.
Other signs of drywood termite activity include:
- Piles of “frass” aka excrement
- Discarded wings on windowsills or near cracks after mating season
- Swarming of flying termites during mating season
- Warped or blistered floors, walls, and doors that could be mistaken for water damage
- Doors and windows that don’t open and close easily
- Surfaces that sound hollow when tapped
- Areas where a screwdriver can easily be poked through
If you have noticed these signs around your home, Ohio Pest Control offers both tent or no tent solutions. Across [COUNTY ONE] and [COUNTY TWO], you can count on us to get your drywood termite infestation under control.
Why Choose Us
Locally owned and operated for over 50 years, Ohio Pest Control, Inc. is a family-run pest control company serving Portsmouth and the surrounding areas. Using our experience and knowledge, we solve the residential and commercial pest control problems our customers face while providing the personalized service you want
1011 Lincoln Street
Portsmouth, OH 45662